CES is well underway in Las Vegas and what better place for Intel to reveal their plans for 2018.
Today’s announcements included:
New 8th Gen Intel Core Processors with Radeon RX Vega M Graphics Offer 3x Boost in Frames per Second in Devices as Thin as 17 mm
Intel is launching a first-of-its kind processor: the 8th Gen Intel Core processor with Radeon RX Vega M Graphics. The new 8th Gen Intel Core processor will come in two configurations:
- 8th Gen Intel Core processor with Radeon RX Vega M GL Graphics (65W total package power)
- 8th Gen Intel Core processor with Radeon RX Vega M GH Graphics (100W total package power), which features an unlocked configuration
Intel Launches Most Powerful Intel NUC: Smallest VR-Capable System Ever
Intel has launched the latest and most powerful Intel NUC to date, based on the newly announced 8th Gen Intel Core i7 processor with Radeon RX Vega M graphics. The new Intel NUC (formerly code-named Hades Canyon) brings this powerful new processor and graphics solution into an incredibly tiny 1.20-liter system.
Intel Delivers Truly Immersive Sports and Entertainment Experiences with Debut of Volumetric Content Studio
Intel announced the debut of Intel Studios, a newly constructed, state-of-the-art studio dedicated to the production of large-scale, volumetric content for the next generation of immersive media.
Located in the heart of the entertainment industry in Los Angeles, Intel Studios features the world’s largest volumetric video stage and a comprehensive post-production and control facility powered by the latest technology from Intel.
New Smart and Connected Home Devices Start with Intel Inside
Intel and its partners announced new products that can connect, change and improve our lives to make them more convenient and enjoyable.
Here are four new smart home products and innovations from CES 2018:
- Faster Wi-Fi: new Intel 802.11ax chipsets for mainstream home routers and gateways that will result in faster, smoother content streaming, online gaming, video calls and more.
- Speedier, More Secure Wi-Fi Routers: D-Link announced a new AC2600 Wi-Fi Router powered by McAfee and based on Intel’s connected home technology. The solution includes the Intel Home Wi-Fi Chipset WAV500 Series that delivers robust Wi-Fi connectivity to numerous connected devices at the same time.
- Voice Services on the PC: PCs with Amazon Alexa – from Acer, ASUS, HP and Lenovo – provide hands-free productivity, entertainment and smart home control. Intel is improving the Alexa for PC experience by offering support for hands-free voice control; Intel Smart Sound Technology for crisp, rich audio; and Intel Wake on Voice to ensure the PC is ready to hear the “wake” word and start responding.
Intel Advances Quantum and Neuromorphic Computing Research
Intel announced two major milestones in its efforts to research and develop future computing technologies including quantum and neuromorphic computing, which have the potential to help industries, research institutions and society solve problems that currently overwhelm today’s classical computers.
During his keynote address, Intel CEO Brian Krzanich announced the successful design, fabrication and delivery of a 49-qubit superconducting quantum test chip.