Quake Champions Available on Early Access
After successfully completing its beta phase, Quake Champions is now available in Early Access through Steam and on Bethesda.net. Early Access is $10 cheaper than the final release so buying now for $49.95NZD/$39.95AUD is gonna leave a bit extra in your pocket.
The Early Access Champions pack will unlock all current and future champions and a wee bit more too:
- All 11 current Champions, including Ranger, Visor, Scalebearer, Nyx, Anarki, Clutch, Sorlag, Galena, Slash, BJ Blazkowicz from id Software’s Wolfenstein, and the new DOOM Slayer
- All future Champions, including at least six additional Champions expected to release before the end of 2018, and any that follow
- An exclusive Early Access skin for series diehard Ranger, available only during the Early Access period for Champions Pack players
- Three Reliquaries (loot chests containing three in-game items for profile, Champion, and weapon customization, like skins, shaders, nameplates, and more)
On top of that, a bunch of new content and features are in the Early Access version:
- Eight Arenas: including two incredible new Arenas, Church of Azathoth and Tempest Shrine.
- 11 Devastating Champions: including the new Champion, DOOM Slayer, from id Software’s hit game DOOM.
- Four Brutal Modes: Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, 1v1 Duel, and the new 4v4 team-based mode, Sacrifice.
- Improved New Player Experience: New players can learn the ropes with a new movement tutorial, shooting gallery, and the ability to choose a skill level.
- Tons of Customization Options: for Champions, Weapons, Profiles, including new skin sets and weapons shaders.
- Custom Games: allows players to create and invite a party into a game and set specific win conditions for each mode and map. Custom Games are only available via the Champions Pack.
- New Systems that Reward Frequent Play: including Rune Challenges, where players are rewarded for completing challenges found in backpacks, and the Lore System, in which players can collect “Lore Items” from Arenas for a specific Champion and, by collecting them all, earn a high-end skin for that Champion
- In-Game Voice Chat
A free-to-play version of Quake Champions will also be coming at a later date but anyone who redeemed a closed beta key will be able to keep playing a free-to-play mode of Quake Champions but this is only available through Bethesda.net.