Samsung Galaxy S9 to follow iPhone X with all-screen display
Later this month, Samsung will take to the stage at MWC and do the full reveal of the Galaxy S9 but until then leaks and rumours abound as speculation grows on what features Samsung will bring to the table.
Last year Samsung wowed everyone with the stunning Infinity Display featuring a near bezel-less design that was outdone by Apple’s iPhone X. This year however, images released by Krussell appear to show that Samsung has managed to create a Super AMOLED display that features an all-screen, bezel less design that could topple the iPhone X for best display in a smartphone.
Filtering through the rumours it appears that the screen will continue to be QHD+ coming in at 5.8 inches for the S9 and 6.2 inches for the S9+ which for an all-screen design will mean there is a lot of screen in a small form factor.
Other rumours that are as good as confirmed (until Samsung actually makes the announcement) are:
– Android 8.0
– Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 (US) / Samsung Exynos 9810 (UK)
– 4GB RAM or 6GB RAM / 6GB RAM
– 64GB/128GB / 64GB/128GB/256GB storage
– Cat 18 LTE support (1.2Gbps download speeds)
– Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
– 12MP Dual Pixel camera with OIS (f/1.5, f/2.4) / Vertical dual rear-facing camera, 8MP front-facing camera
– Bixby AI assistant with dedicated button
– USB-C, 3.5mm headphone jack
– Stero speakers
– Wireless charging support
– IP68 water and dust resistance
– Built-in FM radio
– Updated DeX docking station