The Maharaja Rules the Viper at Backlash
Earlier in the week Smackdown held their Backlash Pay Per View and boy did it bring with it some surprises.
Yep we’ve seen the comments online about Jinder Mahal’s physique and how he may or may not have achieved it but we dare not speculate since we couldn’t even defend ourselves in a fight against a scrunched up piece of paper let alone defending ourselves against a court case. What we will speculate on though is that The Maharaja looks set for a long reign as WWE Champion after he took down the Viper himself, Randy Orton.
It seemed like a night for controversy after Kevin Owens retained his US Championship against AJ Styles in dubious circumstances. What else would you expect from big KO?
As for the complete results here’s the quick and nasty version:
- Tye Dillinger def. Aiden English (Kickoff Match)
- Shinsuke Nakamura def. Dolph Ziggler
- SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos def. Breezango
- Sami Zayn def. Baron Corbin
- Natalya, Carmella & Tamina def. SmackDown Women’s Champion Naomi, Charlotte Flair & Becky Lynch
- United States Champion Kevin Owens def. AJ Styles via count-out
- Luke Harper def. Erick Rowan
- Jinder Mahal def. Randy Orton to become the new WWE Champion